세계 / Global

Malaysia receives first batch of G2000 Mk II attack craft

The first four G2000 Mk II fast interceptor crafts that were received by the Royal Malaysian Navy on 12 January 2024. (Royal Malaysian Navy)

The Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) has taken delivery of its first locally built G2000 Mk II fast interceptor craft (FIC).

The vessels were handed over by local shipbuilder Gading Marine on 12 January, the service disclosed on the same day.

Gading Marine received a contract for 13 G2000 Mk II FICs from the Malaysian government in 2022. The contract is a repeat order following the delivery of six older G2000 Mk I vessels in April 2021.

The G2000 Mk II features an aluminium hull and displaces about 26 tonnes at its standard load. It has an overall length of 18 m and an overall beam of 4.6 m.