세계 / Global

Update: Dutch court orders F-35 exports to Israel to stop

An Israeli Air Force F-35I seen being loaded with JDAM precision-guided bombs for use against targets in the Gaza Strip. (Israeli Air Force)

A court in the Netherlands has ruled that the country should stop all exports to Israel related to the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) programme.

Announced on 12 February, the ruling from the Dutch appeals court said all national industries involved in the international F-35 programme must cease the transfer of parts to Israel within seven days due to the risk of them being used “in serious violations of international humanitarian law”. The ruling is being appealed by the Dutch government.

In response to a request for comment, Lockheed Martin told Janes , “We are working closely with the F-35 Joint Program Office to evaluate the impacts the recent Dutch court ruling will have on our supply chain. We stand ready to support the US government and allies as needed.” The Israeli Ministry of Defense (MoD) had not responded to a request for comment at the time of publication.

The F-35I Adir ‘fifth-generation' combat aircraft is arguably the premier strike fighter in Israeli service. Since the launch of Tel Aviv's military response to the 7 October 2023 Hamas attacks in southern Israel, the F-35I has been used extensively against ground targets in the Gaza Strip, with the Israeli Air Force (IAF) releasing imagery showing the jets being loaded with Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) precision-guided bombs. It also has an air-defence role in the ongoing conflict, being used by the IAF to intercept cruise missiles fired from Yemen by the Iranian-backed Ansar Allah group (commonly known as the Houthis).

According to Janes World Air Forces

0 Comments

아이코닉스 띠띠뽀 말하는 관제센터 놀이세트 (729182)
칠성상회
하이브리드 와이퍼 윈도브러쉬 국내 전차종 350-650mm
칠성상회
3M 스카치 티타늄 커터 칼날 소형 9mm 리필 TI-RS
바이플러스
네잎클로버 코팅형 클로버 책갈피 행운의부적 생일
칠성상회